Dettmer Tire & Auto
Dettmer Tire – for all your automotive needs!
Dettmer Tire opened their doors to the public in 1931, and this family owned business has been serving the Kitchener Waterloo area since. In 1987 they moved locations and opened in the heart of Belmont Village.
Offering a wide range of services including (but no limited to) customized maintenance schedules, tune-ups, brakes and computerized diagnostics.
With winter right around the corner the family from Dettmer Tire have the following tips to offer when preparing your car for the winter season.
Winter Tire Buying Guide:
- Always look for the RAC (Rubber Association of Canada) mountain snowflake symbol. These tires meet the requirements for traction in severe snow conditions.
- Ask the tire specialist of the longevity for the tires you’re looking at (you should purchase tires that will get you through 3 winter seasons).
- Avoid mixing tires with different tread and wear patterns.
Suggested Winter Emergency Kit:
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Extra windshield washer fluid
- Tire gauge, jack and spare tire
- Gravel, salt, kitty litter or a small piece of carpet
- Chocolate bars, granola bars or trail mix
- Candles with waterproof matches
- Jumper cables
- Emergency glare/torch
- Hat, mitts, scarf, blanket, sweater, hand/feet warmers
- First aid kit
Winter Driving Checklist:
- Tire Pressure
- Braking Distance
- All fluids
- Plan your route to your destination
- Clean your car
- ICE (In Case of Emergency) – this is a program helps first responders find your key contacts. In your cell phone under the name “ICE”, input your emergency contact.
Don’t wait for the snow to fall – head on down to Dettmer Tire today to prepare your vehicle for the winter season!
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 8:00am to 12:00pm